The International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT) and the Korean Radiological Technologists Association (KRTA) are pleased to announce that “Travel Support Fund” has been created to assist radiographers and medical radiation technologists from lower and middle income countries, as defined by the World Bank, to participate in in the 2016 ISRRT World Congress.
World Bank list of economies
||Abert Dayor Piersson
||Vitharan Gamage Wimalsena
||Ishani sarangika Wasala Herath
||Aziagba Dogbevi Robert
||Catherine Wangui Muchuki
||Stephen Samson Mkoloma
||Loan Tran Thi Ngoc
||Khin Maung Tin
||Vivian Della Atuwo-Ampoh
||Dr Mark C. Okeji
||Dr Bansal Subhash
- Call for Application: February 29, 2016
- Closing Date: May 31, 2016
- Notification of Awardees: July 27, 2016
Financial support for the fund provided by
- ISRRT, UK Society of Radiographers, Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists(CAMRT),
American Society of Radiologic Technologists(ASRT) and New Zealand Institute of Medical Radiation Technology(NZIMRT)
Fund will cover
- Cost of return airfare at the cheapest rate
- $200 for ground transportation and incidentals.
※ Air travel will be arranged by a travel agency appointed by ISRRT.
- Has submitted an abstract that has been selected for presentation. Increased weight will be given to those making oral presentations.
- Is a member of the ISRRT Council, representing a country that is up-to-date on its dues payment.
- Has committed to sharing the information they will learn at the congress to strengthen their home society and the profession of medical radiation technology, particularly in their own country. As part of the application, the applicant will be asked to identify how they will do this. The strength of this proposal will be one of the factors considered by the selection committee.
- Has committed to provide, following the congress, a brief report of one to two pages in which they explain how they addressed selection criteria 3.
※ Applicants will not need to meet both criteria 1 and 2, but will earn higher ranking if they do.
How to Apply
- Download the application form and fill it out.
- Upload the form when you submit your abstract through the on-line abstract submission system.
- Undergo the review process by a selection committee.
- Applicants will be notified of results through email and the website.
Download Application Form
※ If you have questions about the Travel Support Fund, please send an email to (
※ Other individuals, societies or organizations who wish to contribute to the travel support fund should contact Sandy Yule: (